1. What is one thing you would like to accomplish before your next birthday?
My birthday is in may so I might not have anything accomplished for me. I am hoping to knit myself a nice cardigan at some point during the year. I would like to finish it this year. I do have quite a few baby gift knits for the first half of this year. I would also like to master the basics on the knitting machine.
2. Do you have any “rules” about food?
I have severe allergies to nuts and coconut, so I can be very pedantic about food. My love of cooking and food developed as I was starting to have a bad relationship with food because of the allergies. We tend not to eat at restaurants or buy takeaway as often as I tend to be very conservative when ordering so I normally order things like spaghetti bolognese, or chicken parma. I have had a number of bad allergic reactions over the years and it is very scary when they happen.
3. Say 7 facts about your house
- The house is believed to be over a century old
- We have kangaroos come into our yard and are within metres (yards) of our house
- We have a gorgeous view of both the sunset and sunrise
- I never properly decorated the nursery for Squeak, as she slept in our room until she was almost a year old
- We have the lovely old-fashioned double-sash windows in quite a few rooms of the house, and cooling the house in summer is soooo much easier as they make the air circulate
- It is the style of house that looks great with quilts, knitted things and a nice ‘shabby chic’ style. The shabby chic style is great as I have eclectic taste at times and I have bought 3 cabinets for the televison to sit on, luckily I am happy with the third one!
- The house has high ceilings which is really nice looking, but can make things difficult keeping the place warm in winter. Luckily it is summertime and I can brainstorm ways to reduce my heating bill over winter. I am considering curtain pelmets.
4. You favorite ice cream?
I love homemade ice cream, as my mother-in-law won an ice cream machine in a raffle and gave it to us. I tend to buy a litre (about a quart) of custard or yoghurt and we can make a delicious frozen treat. DaddyMopar loves the frozen yoghurt, I love choc custard, and my brother loves the vanilla! It does set harder but about 5 minutes after I take it out of the freezer it is perfect.
5. What’s your favorite television show?
Daria. An animated cartoon from MTV that aired during my teenage years. For years I watched episodes I had taped off tv, then a few years ago they released a box set that my brother gave my for xmas. I love watching them in bed as I fall asleep. I rerely get a chance to, but a girl can always dream!
6. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
This is funny as Squeak loves crayons at the moment. I have to watch her carefully as she wants to have a little nibble at times, and although nontoxic, I don’t think she should eat them. I don’t really prefer any colour crayon though.
Do you have any questions, are you curious about anything?
Lots of love,