Christmas is fast approaching, we have 8 sleeps to xmas if I have counted correctly, so I have probably miscounted. I have just finished printing my templates for our names on the xmas stockings. Now that Raah is with us, it is time for new, matching stockings.
our old stockings are nice, but trying to match fonts and size might be a struggle, and i can easily whip up 4 new stockings. plain white muslin with red applique names, I am quite excited. It is Raah’s first xmas!
Last night I made shortbread, using the lovely thermomix. I have a delicious recipe from DaddyMopar’s grandmother, which has the measurements in ounces. I regularly make it, and often have a batch frozen for when we need homemade biscuits, but it is a lot quicker that mixing a full batch. The thermomix scales are set to metric, and I didnt see a quick way to change to imperial, so I tried to scale it to metric. I decided to use 50g for every ounce, which would almost double the recipe. I started with the creaming of the butter and icing sugar. Unfortunately I didn’t do the calculations correctly, and ended up doubling the amount of sugar, so I was now making 100g for every ounce. That’s how I ended up making 1.7kg of shortbread dough. The freezer has some, along with the fridge, a big tub to eat now, and a shortbread tree to assemble as well!
I will post a few photo’s later, hopefully the shortbread tree is nice, and the stockings happen, as I often take on projects that never get finished!!
Lots of love,